Oven Poached Salmon. Oven-Poached Salmon Fillets Oven-Poached Salmon Fillets. The trick for perfectly cooked salmon is to bake the fish in a little liquid — you can use wine, stock, and even water. After adding the liquid, cover the fish with parchment paper or foil and bake until just cooked.
Split salmon lengthwise, and lay one half on a sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place the onions, tarragon and parsley on the salmon. Top with other half of the fish. You can cook Oven Poached Salmon using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oven Poached Salmon
- Prepare 4 (6-8 oz) of salmon filets.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sriracha sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fresh minced ginger.
Slice lemon thinly and lay slices over top of salmon. Salmon fillet baked in an oven and served with delicious homemade White Butter Sauce ( see recipe below). This is the classic sauce of French cooking; it is very easy to make if your butter is very cold, so put in the freezer for a while and after cut into cubes. Place the side of salmon, that previously had the skin attached to it, face down in the baking sheet.
Oven Poached Salmon step by step
- Mix all marinade ingredients well in a glass baking dish, large enough to accommodate the fish..
- Place salmon filets skin side up in the marinade. Make sure salmon is mostly immersed in the liquid. You can do 6-8 pieces with this amount of marinade, depending on the size..
- Cover and let marinate for 4-8 hours in the fridge..
- To bake: flip the filets to skin side down. Pour out some of the marinade, if necessary, so the top of the filets are above the liquid. Bake at 400° Fahrenheit, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish..
Add remaining seasonings, salt, zest and herbs. Place three on top of each salmon fillet. Sprinkle over lime juice and zest. Lift up the opposite sides of the parchment and fold together. Seal the ends and place on a round baking tray,spaced apart.