Cheesesteak Potato Skillet. Skillet Philly Cheesesteak Potato Wedges. written by Ashley Fehr. Seasoned crispy potato wedges topped with sauteed peppers, onions, roast beef and cheese — these Philly Cheesesteak Potato Wedges are the perfect appetizer (or meal in one!) for your next game day or get together! Quick skillet steak with onions, peppers, mushrooms loaded on top of a baked potato and topped with melted cheese – this loaded Philly cheesesteak baked potato is perfect for the meat and potato lover in your life!
Add Worcestershire sauce and lots of fresh cracked black pepper (or to taste)Cook on medium-high until onions are soft and beef is cooked through. Once done, remove and set aside in a bowl. Scrub or peel the potato; very thinly slice the potato crosswise. You can have Cheesesteak Potato Skillet using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheesesteak Potato Skillet
- Prepare 300-350 g of super thin sliced rib eye steak (Korean BBQ style beef).
- You need 3 of large potatoes, diced medium-small.
- Prepare 2 of bell peppers sliced thin (any colour).
- It’s 6-8 of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of medium-large onion, thin sliced.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and black pepper,.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare to taste of Garlic and Herb Mrs. Dash,.
- You need 1/4 cup of cream cheese.
- Prepare 2 tsp of grainy dijon mustard.
- You need 1/2 of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
HOW TO MAKE SKILLET PHILLY CHEESESTEAK. Season and Cook the Steak: Season the steak well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet (cast iron skillet is good, but regular is fine, too). To avoid crowding the pan, you may have to work in batches.
Cheesesteak Potato Skillet step by step
- In a cast iron skillet, add 1 tbsp of olive oil, add your onions and thin beef. Add Worcestershire sauce and lots of fresh cracked black pepper (or to taste)Cook on medium-high until onions are soft and beef is cooked through. Once done, remove and set aside in a bowl..
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil again to the skillet, add your diced potatoes. Add the remaining tbsp of olive oil and season with Mrs. Dash and salt and pepper to taste. Cook on medium-low for about 15 min (I popped a lid on to trap some steam to help potatoes cook along) mix occasionally to prevent sticking..
- Once the potatoes are about 80% cooked through, add the mushrooms and peppers, add more salt and pepper to taste (if needed)stir and cook another 10 min, stirring occasionally again. (I popped a lid on at this point as well).
- You can turn off the heat at this point (there's enough heat retained in the cast iron now) add your cream cheese and dijon and stir to combine with everything and until the cream cheese is melted..
- Top the skillet with your beef and onion mixture, add your shredded cheddar on top.
- Set under the broiler for about 5 min and enjoy this RIDICULOUS delish meal..
This Philly Cheesesteak Skillet is an easy one skillet meal packed with tender steak, crisp veggies, and perfectly melt-y cheese. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Season steak liberally with salt and pepper and add to skillet, cooking until slightly browned. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, then add onion, peppers, garlic, and Italian seasoning and cook until vegetables have softened. Loaded Philly Cheesesteak Baked Potato recipe: Quick skillet steak with onions, peppers and mushrooms are loaded on top of a baked potato and topped with melted cheese – this is awesome and perfect for the meat and potato lover in your life!