Perfect Sesame Chicken. If you want the perfect sesame chicken recipe this is it! You may want to increase the vinegar or lower the amount of sugar. It all depends on how sweet you want the sauce.
This excellent recipe comes out perfect every time with little fuss and inexpensive ingredients you probably have on hand. This recipe is truly restaurant quality. try it, you won't be disappointed! (Recipe courtesy of Reykjaviky at All Recipes) This looks like a variation (or the other is a variation of this LOL) of the Perfect Sesame Chicken also posted here on Allrecipes. ANd it's GREAT! if you want a really wonderful lower fat/carb version, marinate the chicken in the liquids and DUST marinated chicken with onlypart of the cornstarch. You can cook Perfect Sesame Chicken using 24 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Perfect Sesame Chicken
- You need of batter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of All-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Low-sodium soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dry sherry.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Water.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vegetable oil.
- You need 1 dash of Sesame oil.
- It’s 1 lb of Skinless, boneless chicken breast -cubed.
- Prepare of sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chicken broth.
- You need 1 cup of White sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Distilled white vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of Dark soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Chile paste.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic, minced.
- You need 1 cup of Cornstarch.
- Prepare 1 cup of Water.
- Prepare of frying and garnish.
- Prepare 1 quart of Olive oil for frying.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Toasted sesame seeds.
Meanwhile, bring chicken, broth, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, chile paste, and garlic to a boil in a saucepan, over high heat. This is The Simplest Way to Prepare a Wonderful Sesame Chicken. You guessed it… Use the Crock-Pot! This recipe will definitely satisfy your craving for Chinese food.
Perfect Sesame Chicken instructions
- Sift flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and baking powder into a bowl. Pour in low-sodium soy sauce, sherry, water, vegetable oil, and sesame oil; stir until smooth. Stir in chicken until coated with the batter, then cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes..
- Meanwhile, bring chicken broth, sugar, vinegar, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, chile paste, and garlic to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Dissolve cornstarch into water and stir into boiling sauce. Simmer until the sauce thickens and turns clear, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low, and keep sauce warm..
- Heat olive oil in deep fryer or large saucepan to a temperature of 375°F (190 degrees C)..
- Drop in the battered chicken pieces, a few at a time and fry until they turn golden brown and float to the top of the oil, 3-4 minutes. Drain inn serving plate. To serve, place fried chicken pieces onto a serving platter and pour the hot sauce overtop. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds to garnish.
Serve it over rice and with a side of steamed vegetables. It is a great low fat alternative to the restaurant style Sesame Chicken. Ingredients: boneless chicken thighs; egg; cornstarch; salt and pepper; olive oil; sesame oil; soy sauce; rice vinegar; brown sugar; garlic and ginger; water or chicken stock; sesame seeds; Instructions: Cut chicken thighs into bite-size pieces. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Mix together honey, soy sauce, water, corn starch, ginger and red pepper flakes.