fried fish. Mix and match the side dish recommendations with the fried fish recipes to your appetite's content. And don't forget the Tartar Sauce and malt vinegar! In a hugely surprising turn of events, this recipes works with haddock.
Place eggs and cracker crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip fillets into eggs, then coat with crumbs. Pan Fried Fish is a thing of beauty, with its beautiful crispy golden crust and juicy flesh inside. You can cook fried fish using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of fried fish
- You need 5 of fish filets (flounder, cod, stripped bass).
- You need 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn meal.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 4 tbsp of old bay seasonings.
- It’s 1 of enough oil for frying, or use deep fryer or bake at 400 whatever your preferance.
Wondering how to stop fish sticking to the pan? It's easy: use a heavy based skillet (doesn't need to be non stick), heat the pan before adding. Find the best Fried Fish near you on Yelp – see all Fried Fish open now and reserve an open table. This tasty fried fish recipe is made with a basic combination of flour and seasonings, but don't be fooled by the simplicity of this dish—the fillets fry up crispy and delicious.
fried fish instructions
- beat egg , buttermilk, and water well.
- mix cornmeal, flour and seasonings in separate dish.
- dip fish in milk then dry mix, either bake on cookie sheet for 20 min or fry about 3-5 min on each side until golden brown.
Haddock and cod are two excellent choices for fried fish, but tilapia , pollock , or another mild white fish should work fine. If desired, season to taste with salt and pepper. Combine marmalade and horseradish; serve with fish. This will allow the fish to develop a crisp surface. If the fish is wet, the water will steam between the fish and the flour coating when it hits the pan, leaving the crust soggy!