Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich. On four slices of bread, layer mozzarella cheese and tomatoes; sprinkle with the basil, vinegar, salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the oil, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder; brush over the outsides of each sandwich. In a skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches until golden brown on both sides and cheese is.
Top with remaining slices of bread, buttered side up. Preheat non stick pan to medium heat. Seasoned side down add slice of cheese, tomato, fresh ground pepper, basil and other slice of cheese topping with second slice of bread seasoned side up. You can cook Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich
- It’s 4 slices of sandwich bread (any I used brown bread).
- It’s 1 of ripe large tomato.
- You need 1 sprig of fresh basil.
- It’s 1 of little bit of cheddar and cream cheese.
- Prepare To taste of pepper & salt.
- It’s of Some jalapenos (optional).
- You need 1 tbsp of softened Butter.
Place bread slices mayo-side down in the hot skillet. Place mozzarella cheese on the other slice, top with basil, then top with Cheddar cheese. Carefully invert the piece with the tomato onto the piece with the basil. Grilled sandwiches are a must when the weather dips below freezing, and you know that there is nothing more comforting and satisfying than a vegan grilled tomato basil cheese sandwich to make the harshness of winter a little softer.
Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich instructions
- First of all slice your tomatoes and put them aside.
- When done, apply butter on both sides of the breads and once done flip the sides from which the buttered side is facing down this is called "buttered side down".
- Then add on your cheeses, tomatoes, basil, jalapenos, salt and pepper at the end. Close your sandwich with the other bread slice with buttered side up and grill it on grill pan until cheese melts(turning the sides continuously).
- Finally take the sanwiches of grill pan, place on plate, cut triangles and serve!!!.
So now, the grilled cheese sandwich… holy moly, cheesy and lovely. Rach slathers her grilled cheese sandwich with a quick and easy basil-mint pesto. For a sweet & savory riff, check out her Grilled Cheese with Blackberry, Balsamic and Basil. Slice the loaf of bread in half lengthwise. Layer the basil, tomato slices, and mozzarella cheese between the two halves of bread.