Chilean lentils in slow cooker. These lentils are slow cooked with a variety of herbs and vegetables, including tomatoes, onions, celery, and bell pepper. This is one of my favorite slow cooker recipes. It has great flavor and lots of healthy ingredients!
Chilean lentils in slow cooker javi.toro. Chilean lentils in slow cooker step by step. Chop the onion, bell pepper, carrot and garlic in small cubes. You can cook Chilean lentils in slow cooker using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chilean lentils in slow cooker
- You need 1 cup of uncooked lentils.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of pepper bell (any colour, or all).
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 1 of tbp oil.
- It’s 1 cup of vegetable broth.
- It’s 4 of tbp uncooked white rice.
- You need of Rosemary.
- Prepare of Oregano.
Strain the lentils and save the water for watering plants (do not use it for cooking).. Place the lentils, celery, carrots and onion in the slow cooker. Pour in the stock, add the cascabel chile and chipotle chile powder. Add the ham and the canned tomatoes, taste and add more chipotle chile powder and salt, if needed.
Chilean lentils in slow cooker instructions
- Soak your lentils in water for 6 to 8 hours, leaving about 2 centimeters of water (or more) above the lentils.
- Chop the onion, bell pepper, carrot and garlic in small cubes.
- Strain the lentils and save the water for watering plants (do not use it for cooking).
- In a pan, add oil and heat for a few seconds, then add the vegetables and sauté them until everything is soft and fragant.
- Add the vegetables and lentils to the slow cooker. Then add the broth and 2 and a half cups of water..
- Season with salt, pepper, rosemary and oregano to taste..
- Stir to mix all ingredients evenly, then set to cook in high temperature for 4 hours, or cook in low for 6 hours..
- When there is about 20 minutes of cooking left, add the rice and stir to mix. You may replace rice for one chopped and peeled potato..
- When cooked, serve immediately..
- OPTIONAL: when served, you can add chopped fried sausages, fried or hard boiled eggs on top.
Cook for another hour and serve warm. Meanwhile, heat dressing in medium skillet on medium-high heat. Spoon into medium serving bowl; set aside. Add next five ingredients; bring to a boil. To thicken chili, simmer uncovered until excess liquid is cooked off.