Slow Cooker Beef barley soup. Bring home the taste of Rao's Soup today & see why we can't hide the flavor in a can. We don't leave taste to the imagination. Check Out Top Brands On eBay.
When the weather turns colder, it's the time for some SERIOUS comfort food… and this is my all time favorite. Slow Cooker Beef and Barley Soup is loaded with tender beef, vegetables, and barley in a fragrant broth. There's no pre-cooking required – just combine everything in the slow cooker, simmer it low all day, and come home to this comforting meal. You can have Slow Cooker Beef barley soup using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Beef barley soup
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of chuck roast.
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of potatoes peeled and cubed 1/2 inch.
- It’s 2 of carrots peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 1 of onion diced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of better than bouillion.
- It’s 2 tsp of Worcester sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- You need 4 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- You need 2 of bay leaf.
- It’s 6 cups of beef broth.
- You need 2/3 cup of barley.
- You need of Option – mushrooms or other vegetables.
- You need of oil of choice.
Transfer meat to the slow cooker. Reduce heat to medium and add garlic, onions, carrots and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Scrape the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen all browned meat. An easy recipe for Slow Cooker Beef Barley Soup.
Slow Cooker Beef barley soup step by step
- Brown beef cubes in oil 1-2 minutes per side on med-high heat.
- Add beef and all ingredients to slow cooker and cook for 4-5 hours.
- Fill liquid to the top or check if more is require later..
Beef Barley Soup in the slow cooker or on the stovetop, you are going to love this hearty soup! Perfect for anytime of the year- but during the winter this is an especially great comfort meal! Without question, my favorite food season is Fall. Soups, stews, all things that cook all day and make my house smell like a food dream. Pearl barley, its most common form, is the perfect slow cooker grain.