Southwest skillet breakfast . Add some adventure into your morning routine with our Southwest-Style Cheesy Breakfast Skillet recipe. Packed with delicious Tex-Mex flavors like jalapeño and red peppers, cilantro and chunky salsa, Southwest-Style Cheesy Breakfast Skillet is an exciting way to start the day. This Keto Southwestern Breakfast Skillet will win over even the non-ketoers in your family with its fabulous flavors!
So good … true breakfast comfort food! Filled with peppers, onions, cheese and even a bit of smoky bacon. Bonus: Not only is it simple to toss together, but leftovers reheat brilliantly later in the week! ~ How to make the Southwest Breakfast: Spray your cast iron skillet with cooking spray, heating it to medium to high temp.; Add the bacon, garlic, peppers and fry until crisp, remove the mix and place to the side. You can cook Southwest skillet breakfast using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Southwest skillet breakfast
- It’s 1 cup of frozen hash browns.
- You need 1/4 cup of diced purple onion.
- You need 2 of diced portobello mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of diced green pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of of a jalepeno FINELY diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced cheddar smoked sausage or you could use ground Chorizo.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded Mexican cheese.
- Prepare 1 of corn tortilla cut into thin strips.
- Prepare To taste of Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, pepper, sazon, adobo.
While the bacon is cooling, pour off some of the bacon grease leaving enough to fry the hash brown potatoes on medium to high heat. Special Edition Contest Entry: This Southwest Skillet Scramble is great for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. It's a quick, easy, one pot meal that comes together in a flash! Using the Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onions makes this so easy and simplifies the prep work.
Southwest skillet breakfast step by step
- Heat oil to 375 either in a deep fryer or put a half inch of oil in a shallow fry pan and heat to 375..
- Fry tortilla strips until crispy and place them on a paper towel. Fry both eggs to desired doneness in the same oil..
- In a pan mix the potatoes, onion, peppers and spices and cook them for 5 minutes on medium heat..
- Remove and place in a bowl and top with eggs and tortillas strips and cheese..
- You can serve with salsa and tortillas if you like..
- Mix in mushrooms and your smoked sausage. Cook another 5-7 minutes until hash brown potatoes are crispy..
If you wanted to spice this dish up, you could use pepper jack cheese. This Southwest Turkey and Egg Breakfast Skillet is a delicious and filling way to start your day! Southwest seasoned ground turkey and scrambled eggs are topped with cheese, tomatoes, avocado, cilantro and salsa. It's perfect for meal prep, a weekend breakfast or even dinner! When you make this recipe I HIGHLY encourage you to use a cast iron skillet.