Aryca's Grilled Bologna and Cheese Sandwich. A bologna sandwich is a ho-hum but ubiquitous lunch option, but there are ways to make it a bit more interesting. In the South, for example, cooks give this sandwich a bit of a twist by frying the bologna first. They simply place the bologna slices onto a lightly buttered griddle or nonstick pan and fry them up until they are browned.
You will have plenty of grease to fry it inches Poke yolk. Add a slice of cheese to cooked side. Transfer to on top of bologna. You can have Aryca's Grilled Bologna and Cheese Sandwich using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Aryca's Grilled Bologna and Cheese Sandwich
- You need 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 2 slices of muenster cheese.
- You need 1 slice of bologna luncheon meat.
- Prepare 2 slices of bread.
Put other slice of bread over. Grill it like you would a grilled cheese sandwich. I put Frank's Red Hot cayanne pepper sauce as a condiment. The edges of the grilled bologna get crispy and a little caramelized and the simple cheese + pickles (and sliced onions if you like them) are the perfect toppings.
Aryca's Grilled Bologna and Cheese Sandwich step by step
- Add mayonnaise to two slices of bread..
- Add cheese to the mayonnaise side of both slices of bread. Add bologna and assemble the sandwich..
- Add butter to both sides of the sandwich. Put in a hot skillet and grill till caramelized. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!.
Jam it all in a super soft bakery roll … YUM!! The star is obviously the bologna. Go to your deli and get the best quality bologna you can buy. When growing up my Gram used to make these grilled cheeses for us. She would send us down to the local Italian bakery to get fresh hearth baked bread.