Spicy sweet potato corn chowder. Pour half of the soup in a blender or food processor; purée. Combine puréed soup with the remaining soup and stir well. In a small bowl, make a slurry with the cornstarch and ¼ cup of the half-and-half.
And of course lots of fresh cilantro is added at the end. I like to serve the Spicy Corn and Potato Chowder with a big squeeze of lime juice. The fresh lime juice ties all the flavors in the chowder together. You can cook Spicy sweet potato corn chowder using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy sweet potato corn chowder
- Prepare 1 tbsp of avocado oil.
- It’s 1/2 c of diced celery.
- You need 1 1/2 c of chopped red bell pepper.
- You need 1 of small sweet onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- You need 4 c of frozen (or fresh) corn.
- Prepare 2-3 of hot peppers finely chopped (I use ghost peppers, but jalapeños will do nicely).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin.
- It’s 2 c of low- sodium vegetable (or chicken) broth.
- You need 2 c of peeled and cubed sweet potato.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 1/2 c of half and half (divided).
Creamy ripe avocado slices top the chowder. Remove from heat; season with salt and pepper. In a stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the celery, onion, and shallot.
Spicy sweet potato corn chowder step by step
- In a large stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-low heat. Add celery, bell pepper, onion, garlic, corn, chipotle and jalapeño; sauté for about 10 minutes, stirring often..
- Stir in salt, pepper, cumin and broth, stirring well. Increase heat to medium and bring to a low boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and add sweet potatoes. Simmer over low for 8–10 minutes or until potatoes are tender..
- Pour half of the soup in a blender or food processor; purée. Combine puréed soup with the remaining soup and stir well. Gently reheat..
- In a small bowl, make a slurry with the cornstarch and ¼ cup of the half-and-half..
- Add to soup and stir well. Stir in the remaining 1¼ cups half-and-half. Stir over medium heat until the soup becomes slightly thickened..
- Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!.
In small bowl, stir together flour and water with whisk. Stir flour mixture into potato mixture with whisk. Stir in corn and whipping cream. Using potato masher, partially mash potatoes until chowder is slightly thickened. Top individual servings with bacon and.