Corn Nuggets. Mix together the cornmeal, flour, egg white, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Dip frozen corn nuggets in the batter, and quickly fry in hot oil until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain.
Using a fork, stir in the egg. A little bit at a time, mix in the liquid until the dough forms a ball. When the freezer time is up, heat one to two inches of oil in a large deep skillet. You can have Corn Nuggets using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Corn Nuggets
- You need 1 can of cream of corn.
- It’s 1 can of whole kernel corn.
- You need 1/2 cup of yellow corn meal.
- You need 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 quart of vegetable oil.
While the oil is heating, mix together the cornmeal, flour, egg white, milk, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Dip the frozen corn nuggets into the batter. Dip frozen corn nuggets in the batter, and quickly fry in hot oil until golden brown. Or use an ice-tray and freeze corn mixture for better shaping.
Corn Nuggets instructions
- mix can of cream corn and whole kernel corn in a medium bowl. place a greased foil sheet over a baking pan and spoon out mixture into about 20 chunks (they will eventually flatten but that's ok) Freeze for several hours.
- great a skillet with about 1 inch vegetable oil (or you may use a deep fryer following the manufacturer's directions).
- in a medium bowl mix corn meal, flour, sugar (I added a bit more because I'm so sweet!), eggs and milk (I used vanilla soy milk because I'm lactose intolerant) to make a thick waffle-like batter.
- completely coat each corn nugget/Pattie with the batter and drop into hot oil. depending on the heat of your oil, these may cook fairly quickly. however don't have the heat too high or the batter will cook and you corn may still be frozen!.
- remove corn nuggets/Patties with a spatula and place on a plate covered in paper towels to drain..
When the freezer time is complete, heat oil in a large deep skillet or use a Fry Daddy. Dip the frozen corn nuggets into the batter. On the outside they have a delicious, crispy batter coating which contrasts with the creamy sweet corn filling. These nuggets are great to serve as a side with the main meal or as an appetizer, as their small size is perfect for sharing!<br><br> Best of all, they come ready to make and are easy to prepare. Fried sweet corn nuggets; Fried sweet corn nuggets.