Broiled crab snacks. I put a nice thick layer over a bagel half and sprinkled with the paprika. I broiled them in a toaster oven for about ten minutes until they started. Broiled crab snacks My mother used to make these as a snack or light lunch.
See more ideas about Cooking recipes, Seafood dishes, Seafood recipes. Top broiled crab cake recipes and other great tasting recipes with a healthy slant from SparkRecipes.com. This recipe from Foodista requires old bay seasoning, saltine crackers, mayonnaise, and very butter. You can cook Broiled crab snacks using 4 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broiled crab snacks
- You need 1 (8 oz) of Philadelphia cream cheese.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 (6 1/2 oz) of can crab meat.
- You need 1 package of hamburger buns, or French bread.
Place crab cakes on a buttered baking pan. Melt butter and mix with lemon juice. If they look like they are browning too fast, lower the oven rack so that the cakes can still cook for the allotted time. In a large bowl, mix together egg, mayonnaise, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, and Old Bay seasoning.
Broiled crab snacks step by step
- Cream together crab, cream cheese, and butter. Always use the best crabmeat.
- Spread mixture over cut side of hamburger bun halves, or French bread split about 1/4in thick. I use hamburger buns or French bread because they don’t have any flavor of their own.
- Place under broiler until crabmeat mixture starts to bubble and edges of bun start to brown. Be careful not to burn your mouth trying to eat them before they cool enough. Enjoy.
Add saltines and crab meat and mix by hand to avoid breaking up too many of the lumps. You may need to break up the very large lumps however so the crab balls will stay together. We enjoyed this exquisite crab dip at my grandson's wedding reception. It looks fancy but is easy to make. You can even fill the bread bowl early in the day and chill it until serving.