Brad's hand dipped, chili cheese corndogs. Great recipe for Brad's hand dipped, chili cheese corndogs. Then individually froze on baking sheets. Made a batch of chili, and froze in small cups.
Enjoy the flavor of the jalepenos without a spicy burn. Add chili or shredded cheese to make them your own! My son got the chili cheese fries. You can cook Brad's hand dipped, chili cheese corndogs using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's hand dipped, chili cheese corndogs
- Prepare 24 of dogs of choice.
- Prepare of For the batter.
- Prepare 2 cups of ap flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of cornmeal.
- Prepare 2 tbs of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- You need 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 2 tbs of honey.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need of Other ingredients.
- You need of Preferred chili.
- It’s slices of Lime.
- Prepare of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need of Sour cream.
- Prepare of Brad's roasted chiles.
- It’s of Kabob skewers.
Every time I'm in LA I come to Newport and have to stop at Jane's. Great corndogs and ice cream bars! Great corndogs, great ice cream bars! Award Winning Corn Dogs & Chili Dogs.
Brad's hand dipped, chili cheese corndogs instructions
- Heat your deep fryer to 360 degrees. If you are doing in a pot, keep a candy thermometer close. It is important to keep the oil at a constant temperature..
- For the batter, mix all dry ingredients, then incorporate the wet ones. Bring to a thick pancake batter..
- This was the tricky part. The first couple stuck to the basket. Then opened and pulled the batter off. So after trial and error, this was my solution. Most important, dry the surface of the dogs with paper towels..
- Take half a skewer, insert in dog. Place batter in a tall, skinny, wide mouthed quart jar. Dip dog in batter and roll to coat. Coat up the stick. Let dog drain excess batter. Turn 180 degrees and let batter run the other way for a few seconds. As close to the oil as you can handle, hold the tip of the battered dog in the oil. Do this about 10 seconds. The tip of the dog won't stick to the basket. Gently drop in. Immediately set a time for 3 minutes..
- After a minute hold tip of dog down that is wanting to float. Use a long fork or spoon..
- Drain on paper towels..
- Garnish with desired ingredients. Enjoy.
It's just like they make them on Main Street at Disneyland's Little Red Wagon. There's just nothing like a freshly fried hand dipped corn dog. This corn dog recipe replicates the recipe used at Disneyland, where corn dogs are a. Corn dogs and carnivals go hand in hand. This classic American snack food — also served at summer backyard cookouts and state fairs — consists of a hot dog threaded on a wooden stick, dipped in a cornmeal batter and then fried.