Portobello Pizza. They are so good and give me a healthy alternative to satisfy my pizza cravings! Place mushrooms, stem side down, on a greased baking sheet; drizzle with oil. Meanwhile, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
Portobello pizza is the ultimate answer for pizza lovers who wish to eat keto or simply make better food choices. I love using vegetables as a base for all kinds of pizza creations. Veggies are obviously an excellent choice, and they happen to be very tasty too!. You can cook Portobello Pizza using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Portobello Pizza
- It’s 4 of large portobello mushrooms, stems removed.
- It’s 2 T of olive oil, extra for sauteing onion.
- Prepare 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1/4 C of purple onion, diced small.
- You need 6 tsp of Italian seasoning, divided.
- Prepare 3/4 C of pizza sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 C of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- You need slices of Pepperoni, cut to small.
- Prepare 6 of cherry tomatoes, sliced thin.
- You need to taste of S&P,.
- Prepare to taste of Crushed red pepper flakes,.
In this particular recipe, the portobello mushroom base is "meaty" and delicious, and the melty, cheesy topping is delightful. Using a mushroom as a pizza base takes away the carb element of pizza. You can still have cheese, meat and whatever you want as toppings, as long as they are on the list. Portobellos are not so runny if the gills are removed prior to cooking..
Portobello Pizza instructions
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium and saute the onion. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to broil/ grill settings on high. Arrange oven shelf to middle of your oven. Combine the 2T oil, garlic and 4 tsp of the seasoning together in a small bowl. Brush the bottom of each mushroom with the garlic oil mix and place each mushroom, oil side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Put a little of sauteed onions in the mushroom. S&P. Put 2T (eyeball it) of pizza sauce over the onion, 1/4C of mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce and pepperoni and tomato on top of cheese..
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and broil for 6-8 minutes or until cheese has melted. To serve, sprinkle with some of the remaining seasoning..
- I cooked mine 8 minutes and it nearly burned my pepperoni, so keep your eye on these!.
Portobello Pizzas have ALL the flavours of a GOOD pizza…without the guilt! Wash and dry the Portobello mushrooms. Pre-heat the oven to grill settings on high heat. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine the olive oil, garlic and half a teaspoon of the mixed herbs together in a small bowl.