Crockpot Cabbage Rolls. Arrange all the cabbage rolls in the crockpot. If adding smoked meat, add it now over the cabbage rolls. Pour all the tomato juice over the cabbage rolls.
It is a bit of a mystery where the stuffed cabbage roll comes from. I am not really sure despite a lot of Google research. There have been versions of stuffed cabbage leaves for thousands of years so it is a little hard to tell. You can have Crockpot Cabbage Rolls using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot Cabbage Rolls
- It’s 1/2 of tblsp Italian seasoning, sage, black pepper, oregano.
- It’s 2 of tblsp thyme, parsley.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 of onions, diced.
- It’s 1 of tblsp mrs dash, garlic salt.
- You need 1.5 of tblsp seasoning salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 2 lb of ground hamburger.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 of giant head cabbage.
- You need 2 cans of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 2 cans of tomatoe soup.
- It’s 2 cans of tomatoe sauce.
Cabbage rolls recipe with ground beef, tomatoes, and cinnamon are cooked in the crock pot or slow cooker, and a delicious mix of sweet and savory. Place cabbage rolls seam side down in slow cooker, in two layers so they are touching but not over crowded either. Mix all sauce ingredients together and pour over rolls. Cabbage Roll Casserole is a super easy meal that you can prepare any day of the week.
Crockpot Cabbage Rolls instructions
- Boil whole cabbage til leaves are soft, tearable, loose. Let cool.
- In a bowl mix hamburger, eggs, herbs and spices.
- Wash up, don't cross contaminate. Raw is raw.
- Gently tear those leaves off cabbage, keeping tearing at a minimum.
- Grease the crockpot.
- Put some meat in the center of the leaf, fold like a burrito.
- Place the rolls folded aide down til bottom layer is full.
- Wash up.
- Pour 1 can of diced tomatoes, tomatoe sauce, tomatoe soup on top.
- Repeat steps 6, 7, 8, 9.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
I grew up on cabbage rolls made by my mom and grandma! Recently, I've been making a cabbage roll casserole… so much quicker than rolling up the rolls themselves and equally delicious! I am so glad I read the other reviews, because they turned out perfectly! Spary crock pot with nonstick cooking spray. Crumble the raw ground turkey (or beef) and spread along bottom of crock pot.