BBQ Chicken & Bacon Jalapeno Poppers. This is truly one of the BEST baked BBQ chicken recipes ever!!! I don't know how I lived without it. Grilled steak and chicken that doesn't dry out on the grill, but stays moist and flavorful.
Chicken thighs and legs will hold up better to long, slow cooking than will breasts which can more easily dry out. If you barbecue breasts, keep them on the coolest part of the grill (or follow this method). Make barbecue sauce: In a large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, water, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire, molasses, and spices. You can have BBQ Chicken & Bacon Jalapeno Poppers using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of BBQ Chicken & Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
- Prepare of Jalepenos.
- It’s of block of cream cheese softened.
- Prepare of shredded cheddar.
- Prepare of salt.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare of onion powder.
- Prepare of peices deli sliced chicken (or turkey).
- It’s of bacon.
- Prepare of Your favorite bbq sauce. I prefer a sweet and spicy.
Rinse chicken halves in cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Place chicken in a large bowl or baking dish, coat with Italian dressing and evenly season with Neely's Barbecue Seasoning. The oven has the power to quickly turn chicken pieces into crispy, slightly charred BBQ goodness for a not-boring chicken dinner any time of year. This recipe is super simple with just five ingredients (including the salt), but a shortcut changes this BBQ chicken from basic to brilliant.
BBQ Chicken & Bacon Jalapeno Poppers step by step
- Mix the cream cheese, shredded cheddar, salt, pepper, and onion powder in a bowl..
- Cut the stems off of the jalapenos and then cut them in half lengthwise. Then remove the inside stem and seeds. You should have 16 jalapeno boats..
- Using all of the cream cheese mixture, evenly divide into each jalapeno boat..
- Then wrap each boat with a slice of deli chicken and wrap a slice of bacon around that..
- Place all of the jalapeno poppers on a greased shallow baking sheet in an oven preheated to 400°F for 20 minutes..
- Remove from oven and set oven to broil. Pour bbq sauce over each popper and then broil for 2-3 minutes..
Turn chicken; brush with barbecue sauce. It's fun for me to have my family together so I can prepare their favorite foods, like this saucy barbecued chicken. Discover how to cook BBQ chicken like a pro. These barbecued kebabs are big on flavour, but the spice is toned down, so they're great for kids.. The crispy chicken skin at BBQ Chicken is a result of a two-day prep process that includes marination, battering, breading and frying.