Sheik's Sweet N' Sour Meatballs. Try them with our Marinara Sauce. We make our sauces slowly so you can make delicious meals fast. Grab a recipe and try now!
This zesty meatball recipe is always a hit with any crowd. See recipes for Sheik's Sweet N' Sour Meatballs too. Lightly saute the meatballs on all sides to a slightly brown color. You can cook Sheik's Sweet N' Sour Meatballs using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sheik's Sweet N' Sour Meatballs
- It’s of Vegetables.
- You need 2 cups of red peppers, cubed.
- Prepare 2 cups of sweet onions, cubed.
- Prepare 2 cups of broccoli, deflowered.
- It’s of Meatballs:.
- It’s 1 of lbs. Ground Beef (80% lean).
- It’s 1/2 cup of sweet onions, chopped fine.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Pastene Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp. of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of black pepper.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Meatball Sauté.
- It’s 2 tbsp. of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of Sweet N' Sour Sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 3/4 cup of cold water.
- You need 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1 can of pineapple chunks (20 oz.).
- You need 1/2 tsp. of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of chilli powder.
Beef meatballs are browned, then simmered in a sweet and sour sauce. Great as an appetizer or as a main dish served over rice. Beef meatballs are browned, then simmered in a sweet and sour sauce.. The Best Sweet and Sour Meatballs The Best Sweet and Sour Meatballs.
Sheik's Sweet N' Sour Meatballs step by step
- Wash and prep your vegetables. Cube the red peppers and sweet onions and deflower and cut the broccoli..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for the meatballs and mix thoroughly..
- Roll out your meatballs slightly smaller in size than that of a golf ball. If you got a good eye, the recipe should yield 36 of these scrumptious babies..
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and take a 9 by 15 baking dish, in line it with heavy duty aluminum foil..
- Next, preheat a large fry pan to high heat with 2 tbsp. of olive oil mixed with 1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce. Lightly saute the meatballs on all sides to a slightly brown color. You do not want to cook the meatballs through! Just saute them..
- When the meatballs are done, carefully place them in the bottom of the casserole dish..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the sweet and sour sauce. Use a whisk to ensure that all the ingredients are mixed thoroughly. Next, add your fresh vegetables and again, mix thoroughly..
- Carefully pour the sweet and sour sauce and vegetables over the meatballs. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees in the oven for 1 hour. Cook an additional half hour, uncovered..
- Fresh out of the oven!.
In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; crumble beef over top and mix well. In a skillet, brown meatballs on all sides, turning often; remove and set aside. These sweet and sour meatballs are homemade meatballs that are cooked in the crock pot with a two ingredient sauce. The perfect main course or party appetizer that always gets rave reviews! You can never go wrong with meatballs, whether it's a cheesy meatball bake , Mexican meatball soup , or these super easy cocktail style meatballs.