Beef stew # 2. Order Your Beef Stew Online Today! Beef stew meat breaks down and becomes more tender the longer you cook. Two hours is typically the sweet spot for beef stew unless you're cooking a slow-cooker stew.
If you can't find chuck cubed for stew in your meat department, buy a thick chuck. I took the great base recipe, and tweaked it with a compilation of reviewer recommendations. The end result is a winner, to be sure. You can cook Beef stew # 2 using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef stew # 2
- You need 3 lbs of beef stew meat *Note* can coat with flour after seasoning.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper or use Greek seasoning for seasoning meat.
- Prepare 3 pound of bag baby potato cut into fourths I don't peel them.
- It’s 1 (16 oz) of bag of baby carrots.
- It’s 2 stalks of celery finely chopped.
- You need 1 of large yellow or white onion chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 2 (12 oz) of jars of beef gravy.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of parsley.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of mushroom seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt or seasoned salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 4 Tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 (10 oz) of can tomatoes with green chilies drained.
- Prepare 1 (15 oz) of can of sweet peas drained.
- It’s 1 (15 oz) of can of butter beans drained.
Remove the beef from the pot and add the vinegar and wine. Cook over medium-high heat, scraping the pan with a wooden spoon to loosen any browned bits. Add the beef, beef broth and bay leaves. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a slow simmer.
Beef stew # 2 step by step
- Season beef as desired with salt and pepper or use Greek seasoning in slow cooker.
- Mix in carrots, potatoes, celery, garlic, tomatoes and water.
- Mix both jars of gravy with Worcestershire sauce, parsley. mushroom seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Pour on top and mix in well.
- Cover and cook for 8 hours on low.
- Stir in peas and butter beans in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
You can make Martha Stewart's beef stew recipe in the oven or a slow cooker. In two simple steps, your beef stew will be a warming, wholesome, and wonderfully flavorful meal. Pat the beef dry and season with the salt and pepper. Stir up a succulent beef stew on a chilly evening. These meltingly tender beef casseroles and Asian-style spiced one-pots are perfect for casual entertaining.