Hungarian beef stew and goulash. Hungarian Goulash is a delicious beef stew (or soup) with a rich paprika seasoned broth. This delicious dish is warm and comforting, perfect for a cold weather day. Serve this over homemade noodles (or add potatoes) or with a side of bread or Biscuits to sop up any of the broth left in your bowl.
The result is an incredibly rich, flavorful beef stew, comfort food at its best! I'm a fan of goulash in all its forms, and there are many. But in the winter months, the version I'm after is the rich, hearty, rib-sticking Hungarian-American version, made with big chunks of beef, carrots, and potatoes in a stew flavored with onions, garlic, peppers, and plenty of great paprika. You can cook Hungarian beef stew and goulash using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hungarian beef stew and goulash
- You need of beef.
- You need of large onions.
- It’s of glove garlic.
- It’s of triple color potato.
- You need of large carrots.
- Prepare of salt and some.
- Prepare of peppercorns.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of bay leaves.
- You need of anise star.
- It’s of cinnamon.
- Prepare of coriander seed.
- It’s of turmeric.
- It’s of cloves.
- You need of flour.
- Prepare of butter.
- You need of tomatoes sauce.
- It’s of dice tomatoes.
- It’s of frozen peas for the soup.
I'm a fan of goulash in all its forms, and there are many. But in the winter months, the version I'm after is the rich, hearty, rib-sticking Hungarian-American version, made with big chunks of beef, carrots, and potatoes in a stew flavored with onions, garlic, peppers, and plenty of great paprika. Probably the most well-known Hungarian dish – this slow cooked Hungarian beef goulash is hearty, warming and so delicious. I thought it was time to pull this one out of the archives again as it's so flippin good.
Hungarian beef stew and goulash instructions
- In a pot heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook the beef for 10 minutes drain the blood then add the 2 tablespoon olive oil and onions with beef and cook for 15 minutes and keep mixing add the Minced garlic and cook.
- 30 minutes later take 1/2 the amount so we could cook beef stew yummy.
- Goulash: add 4 cups of beef broth to the meat and onion add the chopped carrots and potatoes with the spices that I mentioned on top and cook about 40 minutes of cooking you add the 2 cans of tomatoes sauce and diced.
- Beef stew : half the amount of the cook beef you add 3 tablespoon flour with butter and cook for few minutes then I add the beef and cook I add potatoes and carrots and cook for an hour adding salt pepper all spices.
- Serve soup first then the beef stew Hungarian style with potato gnocchi store brand.
Tender chunks of beef in a thick tomato and pepper sauce – spiced with beautiful smoky paprika (don't go easy on the paprika now – this stew. Learn how to make a Beef Goulash recipe! This Authentic Hungarian goulash is a traditional beef stew cooked with lots of onions, Hungarian paprika, tomatoes and sweet peppers. Very popular in Hungary but also in other parts of Eastern Europe, like Transylvania, this stew can be served with bread , pasta, spaetzle, boiled or roasted potatoes and pickles. For this Hungarian goulash slow cooker recipe, you can go the extra mile and make my beef bone broth recipe for the key liquid component of this stew.