Stewed Beef. Order Your Beef Stew Online Today! Check Out Stew Beef Recipes On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today!
Stir in the tomato sauce, vinegar, oregano and pepper. Beef chuck stewed with potatoes, carrots, celery, onions and beef broth for a homey favorite. The aroma that permeates throughout the house while the stew is simmering doesn't do it justice.delicious. You can have Stewed Beef using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stewed Beef
- You need 1-2 pounds of stewing beef.
- Prepare 2 tbs of oil.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- You need 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of med green pepper.
- Prepare to taste of Salt, pepper & adobo.
- It’s 4 cup of beef broth (I used 2 cup berf broth 2 c chicken broth).
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s of Optional (to make thicker).
- It’s 4-6 of red skin potatoes, cut.
- Prepare 1/4 c of cold water.
- Prepare 3 tbs of corn starch.
In a large pot over high heat, heat the oil and butter. Add the cumin, chili powder, garlic and some salt and pepper. I took the great base recipe, and tweaked it with a compilation of reviewer recommendations. The end result is a winner, to be sure.
Stewed Beef instructions
- Turn burner on to medium heat, add olive oil. Add meat, lightly brown on each side..
- Cut/dice/mince, whichever you prefer the green pepper & onion. Once meat is browned add vegetables. Let cook 5 minutes, stir occasionally..
- Add potatoes of desired, garlic, salt, pepper & adobo. Let cook 2 minutes..
- Add broth & bayleaf. Sprinkle a little more adobo. Let come to a simmer. Cover and cook 1 1/2-2hrs, stirring occasionally & lower heat if comes to a heavy boil..
- Optional (to make thicker): Mix corn starch & cold water. Add to pot, stir. Let cook 15 more minutes..
- One on the left is no thickening agent, one on right is with thickening agent. Whichever you prefer. Serve with white rice or mashed potatoes..
Pat the beef dry and season with the salt and pepper. Stir up a succulent beef stew on a chilly evening. These meltingly tender beef casseroles and Asian-style spiced one-pots are perfect for casual entertaining. Stew Beef and Rice is an excellent meal for preparing for a group. Double or triple the recipe, make a large tossed salad, maybe some crusty bread too for one hearty meal that will feed a whole crew of lumberjacks.