Hearty Italian Style Beef Stew.
You can have Hearty Italian Style Beef Stew using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hearty Italian Style Beef Stew
- Prepare of stewing beef, diced.
- You need of celery ribs, diced.
- Prepare of medium/large carrots, diced.
- Prepare of large onion, diced.
- You need of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare of cremini mushrooms, cut into quarters.
- It’s of cannellini beans, drained.
- You need of tomato paste.
- It’s of Italian seasoning.
- It’s of dried oregano.
- You need of dried basil.
- You need of dried bay leaves.
- You need of red wine.
- Prepare of beef stock.
- It’s of flour or corn starch.
- Prepare of large can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare of Parsley, chopped (garnish, optional).
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of olive oil.
Hearty Italian Style Beef Stew instructions
- In a dutch oven or pot, heat oil and brown beef..
- Once beef has been browned, add onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Cook until onions are translucent..
- Add your tomato paste and stir together. Then add your flour or corn starch and your herbs, salt and pepper and stir.
- Add your red wine and cook all together until the wine has reduced to about half. Add your canned tomato, and beef stock. Stir and place lid on pot and let simmer on low for about 2 hr or until the beef is super tender and "shreds" when pulled with fork..
- In the last 45 min add your mushrooms and your canned beans. Stir and let cook for remaining 45 min. (Remember this is a thick stew, there's not supposed to be a ton of liquid).