Low Carb Braised Beef Stew. A rich low carb beef stew recipe featuring meltingly tender beef and perfectly cooked vegetables. Your ketogenic diet just got better. The best low carb vegetables for beef stew are: celery, mushrooms, green beans, celery root, turnips, rutabaga, and radishes.
Gorgeously tender, melt in the mouth beef packed with lots of chunky low carb veg all bubbling. Low-carb and easy braised beef with roasted red radish and jicama. Please subscribe for new healthy and easy recipes! You can cook Low Carb Braised Beef Stew using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Low Carb Braised Beef Stew
- It’s 1 kg of Beef (any tough cut eg beef cheeks) cut into large chunks.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare 2 of Brown Onions – sliced.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tsp of Crushed Garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Chilli Flakes.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 4 cups of Beef Stock.
- You need 1/3 cup of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 7 of Red Radishes.
- It’s 2 Stalks of Celery (roughly chopped).
- It’s 4 of Carrots (rougly chopped).
- You need of Olive Oil.
This low carb beef stew is thick and chock full of vegetables. A meaty stew made with beef and vegetables is one of my favorite comfort foods. I came up with an easy low carb recipe after trying several different methods of making this heartwarming dish. This easy beef stew is incredibly rich.
Low Carb Braised Beef Stew step by step
- Preheat the oven to 160°C degrees fan forced. Season the flour with salt & pepper and cover the beef with the seasoned flour and batch fry to seal the meat in a oven ready cast iron pan. Remove the meat and set aside..
- In the same pan add the onion, bay leaves and garlic and fry until lightly browned. Adding a dash of water to scrape any meat residue from the bottom of the pan..
- Add the spices (paprika, coriander & chilli) to the onion, cook till fragrant for 1 minute then add the tomato paste. Stir through then add the chopped vegetables. Stir to coat well..
- Add the meat incl meat juices to the dish and coat well. Add the beef stock and soy sauce and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover then move to the preheated oven and braise for 1.5 hours..
- After 1.5 hours remove from oven, stir through, cover and braise for another hour. After 2.5 hours the meat should be tender and it should be ready to serve. You can serve with toasted baguette slices. Enjoy 😋.
This easy beef stew is incredibly rich. Since it's even better a day or two later, you may want to make a double batch. Simmer this classic dish low and slow for tender meat and plenty of flavor. Slice carrot and celery thinly and add halfway through. This Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe might be the best beef stroganoff you've ever had!