Cinnamon Rolls:. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders Mix the flour, caster sugar and cinnamon together with a pinch of salt in a bowl. Whisk the butter, egg yolks and milk together and combine with the dry ingredients to make a soft dough. Mash together the cinnamon filling ingredients, then spread evenly over the dough.
The dough for these cinnamon buns is made in a bread machine before it is shaped into buns and baked in the oven. If you don't have a bread machine, follow the notes at the bottom of this recipe. Take each piece of dough, roll into a log and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture. You can have Cinnamon Rolls: using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Rolls:
- It’s of 🌻Rolls:.
- You need of & 3/4 cups all-purpose flour.
- You need of granulated sugar.
- You need of salt.
- It’s of & 1/4 tsp Yeast or any instant yeast (1 packet).
- Prepare of whole milk.
- You need of water.
- It’s of unsalted butter.
- You need of large egg.
- It’s of 🌻Filling:.
- Prepare of unsalted butter, softened.
- It’s of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare of granulated sugar or packed light or dark brown sugar.
- Prepare of 🌻Icing:.
- You need of confectioners’ sugar.
- You need of pure vanilla extract.
- It’s of –3 tsp lemon juice.
Then roll up the log into a pinwheel. Roll the dough into a rectangle, the thickness of a pound coin. Spread the cinnamon paste over the surface of the dough, ensuring the. You want to underbake them a little so they stay soft in the middle, that's why we want them just slightly golden brown.
Cinnamon Rolls: step by step
- 🌻Make the dough: Whisk the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast together in a large bowl. Set aside. Combine the milk, water, and butter together in a heatproof bowl. Microwave or use the stove and heat until the butter is melted and the mixture is warm to touch Pour into the dry ingredients, add the egg, and stir until it forms a soft dough or use your mixer..
- On a lightly floured surface using floured hands, knead the dough for 3 minutes. Place in a lightly greased bowl cover loosely, and let rest till double in size..
- 🌻Fill the rolls: After rise the dough roll the dough out in a rectangle. Spread the softened butter on top. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Sprinkle it all over the dough. Roll up the dough tightly. Cut into 9-10 even rolls and arrange in a lightly greased 9-inch round cake pan or pie dish..
- 🌻Rise: Tightly cover the rolls with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place for 60-90 minutes..
- 🌻Bake the rolls: After the rolls have doubled in size, preheat the oven to 375°F / 190°C. Bake for 25-28 minutes until lightly browned. If you notice the tops are getting too brown too quickly, loosely cover the rolls with aluminum foil and continue baking..
- 🌻Make the icing: Whisk the confectioners’ sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon juice together until smooth. Drizzle or spread over warm rolls. Cover rolls tightly and store for up to 3 days at room temperature or up to 5 days in the refrigerator..
Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and dust with more flour. These homemade cinnamon rolls contain only a few, common ingredients that most of us always have on hand! Flour, sugar, butter, eggs, salt, cinnamon, etc. What makes this cinnamon roll recipe stand out among the rest is that there is both vanilla extract and cinnamon in the cinnamon roll dough. Directions Dissolve yeast in warm milk.